Monday, September 9, 2019

Feedback Strategies

Image Information Allowing our mindsets to grow and develop is the ultimate way to success. 


The first article I read about Feedback Strategies, was "Be a Mirror". I was immediately drawn to this idea and found the article very interesting. I think one of the main points of the article was to show that feedback needs to foster growth. Feedback is meant to be a way for people to learn and grow, and I think that should always be the goal when giving it. The article also talks about to focus on what the author is doing instead of what they are missing when giving feedback. I thought this was really important because everyone interprets and learns differently so it is important to focus on what the author is trying to say and not what we are trying to interpret. Link to article

The next article I read this week about feedback is "What Kinds of Messages Help Kids Grow?". I thought this article was especially important to read because teaching kids early that success and failure are all learning experiences they can learn from. The article made the point that if we can help kids learn that their actions lead to success they will understand better that failure is just a way for them to overcome their mistakes and get closer to success. I thought this article was very thoughtful and made great points that our mindsets are malleable leading us to growth. Link to article

I think giving feedback is a great way to learn and overcome mistakes. Feedback is increasingly important in school because it can help our mindsets grow and develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment