Monday, September 2, 2019

Topic Brainstorm

Brainstorming topics is one of the most important parts of composing a story. I think in this process it encourages one to be creative and think outside the box, which I find fun and interesting to do. Brainstorm image

1. Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology (Link to video)
Watching the video, Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology, I was inspired to write a story based on Harry Potter. I grew up watching the movies with my mom and always loved them. I found inspiration in this video because I feel like it would be a fun story to be creative with. I could have a lot of possibilities with how I wanted the story to go and could also be inspired by the individual characters to add to the storyline. From watching the movies, I have previous knowledge of how the storyline plot is expressed and therefore I think it would be fun to switch the plot up. I would like to learn from this kind of story because it would be taking a classic story and making it into my own ideas. I think I would begin by focusing on one character the movie does not focus on as much and give them more of a storyline. Or I could pick one of the main characters and give an alternate story to their individual plot.

2. Looney Toons Goes to India (Link to story)
The Looney Toons Goes to India story gave me a lot of great ideas. Once again, it takes the classic Looney Toons show and gives it a creative twist. If I were to use this topic as inspiration I think I would use another, more familiar cartoon. I use to watch the Looney Toons and with more research, I might be able to familiarize myself with it enough to make my own twists with the storyline or characters;  however, I liked the start of an idea that this story gave me. I was thinking of other cartoons I could give a twist with an India theme, and I thought the storyline of the Flintstones could be a creative idea. I am familiar with cartoons like the Looney Toons and the Flinstones so I think by researching the characters more I could pick one or more and give them creative stories. I would like to learn how to take a basic yet classic cartoon and giving it a creative alternative story plot.

3. The Monkey's Journey (Link to story)
While reading the Monkey's Journey, I was immediately able to brainstorm different topics. I like the idea of focusing on one certain animal and giving them a background. I was inspired by a topic sort of similar to this one to write my first story. Since I have already also written a story based on the journey of an animal, I feel very familiar with this concept. I think this topic is fun because there are so many ways that the story could go. If I were to choose this topic I would pick an animal that is known for having a certain "reputation" and choose the opposite idea to keep the plot creative. I would like to learn with this topic on how to keep the storyline flowing and interesting. I think that would be one of my challenges while writing a topic based off of one animal. Incorporating multiple animals would also help me keep the plot interesting.

4. Keeping up with Parvati (Link to story)
Keeping up with Parvati served me with multiple ideas about a topic and was a very entertaining idea to me. I love the idea of taking a well-known reality show and giving it a twist of India. Reality TV is my favorite kind of television to watch so I would be very familiar with this topic. In Keeping up with Parvati's introduction it states how it is based off a reality show but Parvati is not a housewife, however, this gave me the idea of making one based off of the housewife series. The housewife series could be a perfect topic because there is a lot of variation with the characters and I like how they each have taglines. I would like to learn with this topic how to handle multiple characters' storylines.

No comments:

Post a Comment