Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Storybook Favorites


Flickr
Image of the classic storybook, Dumbo. This use to be my favorite story growing up as a kid, and therefore reading these different storybooks was very fun to do. 

https://sites.google.com/view/totoinoz/introduction?authuser=0
Toto's Adventures in Oz

https://sites.google.com/view/a-travelling-hedgehog/introduction?authuser=0
The Brave Hedgehog

https://sites.google.com/view/rhwogm/intro?authuser=0
Real Housewives of Greek Mythology



While going through the different storybook blogs, I was first drawn to the titles that I knew some background information on or ones that intrigued me. The first one I was drawn to was the story that told the Wizard of Oz story from Toto's point of view. I immediately liked this title because the Wizard of Oz was my favorite movie growing up, so I was interested in the unique idea of telling the story through Toto's perspective. The introduction was really cool because it gave Toto’s thoughts and opinions on what happened when they entered the world of Oz, along with what happened after the movie ended. I think this idea was very creative and was also interesting to read about. The next story I liked reading about was The Brave Hedgehog. I liked the story behind two different hedgehogs who are completely different living different lives, along with the Greek mythology aspect. The author of this story was also owners of two hedgehogs and assigned them personalities and individual stories. I thought this story was different from the rest of them because the hedgehogs were given human-like personality traits and they also had obstacles they had to overcome as the story developed. The overall storybook was interesting and had a consistent storyline that was fun and easy to read. The last story I picked to read was The Real Housewives of Greek Mythology. The Real Housewives series on Bravo is one of my favorite reality TV shows to watch so I was immediately drawn to this story. The story goes through each Greek Goddess and gives them different tag lines and stories. I thought this was a very clever concept and was super entertaining to read about. The other thing I liked about this blog post was that it gave different season and episodes that followed each Greek Goddess and what they do in their everyday lives. Overall, these storybooks were very interesting to read and each had entertaining storylines.

No comments:

Post a Comment